Control-F is committed to safeguarding your privacy and the protection of your information in accordance with the Data Protection Act and GDPR.
How we obtain permission
At Control-F our email marketing is permission based. If you have received an email from us, our records indicate that you have expressly shared this address for the purpose of receiving information in the future (“opt-in”). We respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our email campaigns.
If you believe you have received unwanted, unsolicited email sent via this system or purporting to be sent via this system, please either click to unsubscribe or contact us using the details at the bottom of this page.
Don’t want to hear from us anymore?
All our emails contain a quick and easy unsubscribe facility that allow you to stop receiving email from us. If you wish to do this, simply hit the ‘Unsubscribe’ button located at the bottom of the email or click here to unsubscribe
The personal data that we collect
As a visitor to our website, you can access content without providing any Personal Information.
However, when you register for our marketing communications, we may collect the following Personal Information from you:
- Contact information such as your name, phone, address and email address
- Demographic information such as your job title, job description and company name and company type
Depending upon the activity, some of the information that we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
When you use our website or interact with emails that we send, Control-F or third party sub-processors contracted by Control-F may also collect certain technical and routing information about your computer to facilitate your use of the website and our email communications. For example, we may capture information such as your geographical location, browser type, email application, operating system, CPU speed, and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer. We use these environmental variables to facilitate and track your use of the website and its services and email communications. Control-F also uses such environmental variables to measure traffic patterns on the Site. Some of this information may be linked to your Personal Information, for example:
- Our email marketing platform embeds tiny invisible graphics (web beacon) in the bottom of our marketing emails for the purpose of tracking email “opens”
- Our email marketing platform tracks who has clicked links within the emails we send
- Our email marketing platform recognises and logs the email client you are using when you view our emails
During the marketing, sales and delivery of our training and related services, we may also collate:
- Contact information for invoicing contacts within a customer organisation
- Contact information for delegate supervisors within a customer organisation
- Details of historic product purchases and product interests
- Dietary and accessibility information for delegates
How we protect your data
We use appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of data used by our system. These include network security measures, encrypted storage, firewalls and anti-virus software.
How we use your data
- Process your product purchases
- Send you joining instructions and pre-course work
- Respond to customer service requests, questions and concerns
- Send you requested product or service information
- Keep you informed about Control-F products and services
- Meet our research and product/service development needs
Sharing your personal data
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Information submitted to us is generally only used within our own organisation.
We do not sell your personal information. We only share your personal data with companies that help Control-F fulfil its obligations with you (such as contracted service providers that provide services relating to our communications with you, training venue providers etc.).
Subject access requests
If you would like to make a subject access request in order to:
- Request information about the personal data that we may hold about you
- Request copies of the personal data that we may hold about you
- Request correction or deletion of personal data that we may hold about you
- Raise an objection regarding our processing of personal data about you
please contact us by phone or post using the details below.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please contact:
Data Protection Officer
PO Box 167
Tel: +44(0)20 8133 8758
Data Protection Registration Number Z2015062
Control-F puts small files, known as cookies, onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site.
Cookies are used to:
- measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
- remember the notifications you’ve seen so that we don’t show them to you again
Control-F cookies aren’t used to identify you personally.
Find out more about how to manage cookies.
How cookies are used on our site
Measuring website usage (Google Analytics)
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use our website. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
Google Analytics stores information about
- the pages you visit on www.controlf.net
- how long you spend on each www.controlf.net page
- how you got to the site, and
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site.
We don’t collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information can’t be used to identify who you are.