Salary range £20,000 to £24,000 (depending on experience)
Are you the unofficial tech support for friends and family? The one people call on to set up their new laptop or to work out why they can’t connect to the internet? Constantly being asked for your opinion on the merits of iPhone over Android?
In other words, are you interested in tech and wishing you could find a job where you can indulge your passion and become an integral part of the team?
Then read on. We have the IT Technician job for you!
- A-level or equivalent in IT-related subject?
- Clear and confident communicator?
- Able to manage multiple ongoing work activities and meet deadlines?
- Take pride in your work and work environment?
About the role
This full-time Monday to Friday role supports the internal and classroom IT of our busy digital forensics training company. This is an office-based role at our Wyboston Lakes headquarters on the Cambridgeshire/Bedfordshire border with a requirement for occasional travel to a company location in Leeds.
Reporting to the Digital Learning Manager, you’ll be taking responsibility for overseeing the classroom and office IT infrastructure, encompassing the following (this is not an exhaustive list and other responsibilities may be added as you grow into your role):
- Supporting users of our online digital learning portal
- Preparation and commissioning of new IT hardware and associated software
- Managing updates to the PC “build” for the training classroom
- Restoring classroom PCs after a training course has run and loading necessary files for the next course
- Assisting the Digital Learning Manager in the deployment and maintenance of virtual labs and virtual classroom environments
- Overseeing and testing IT backup systems
- Testing training devices (mobile phones, tablets etc.) with new versions of PC software tools to identify any potential issues or incompatibilities
- Preparing USB drives and related devices for use during training courses
- Working with our IT service providers to support our internal IT requirements
- Assisting in the administration and support of our Learning Management System – this can be taught
- Licence management including updating licence keys
- Maintaining the Company’s asset management system
- Working with colleagues on R&D testing – creating scenario content, testing apps etc
This is a perfect role for you if you’re setting out in your IT career, you’re interested in tech and you have (or can develop!) an interest in digital forensics. It’s one of those roles where you can learn a lot and you’ll be surrounded by colleagues who want to support you and help you to develop.
The Company offers digital forensics training to mobile phone and computer examiners, mainly in UK police forces but also to private companies and overseas law enforcement organisations. We’re getting really busy with more demand than ever for our courses and you know what that means – lots of IT support needed!
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based annual salary review
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- 22 days annual leave + 8 public holidays, increasing by 1 day per year of service (up to max. of 25 days annual leave + 8 public holidays)
- Health cash plan
- Paid time off for volunteering
Get in touch with your CV – we’re waiting to hear from you! Please note that we are planning to recruit during September and October with the expectation of a November start date.